We're Here To Listen
9.00 am - Midnight - every day
Lonely? Anxious? Depressed? Bereaved? Just Need Someone To Talk To? Would like somebody to Pray for You?
Crossline Coventry is part of the National Christian Helpline on 0300 111 0101. It is staffed by trained Christian volunteers who offer a listening ear to those who call. 0300 111 0101 is a local rate number for all landlines and mobiles and should be included in mobile contract minutes.
2017 will mark the 25th Anniversary of this ministry as part of Coventry City Mission. Over this time Crossline Coventry has grown from a local based helpline into one that takes calls from all over the UK and from across the world.
In the last year Crossline Coventry has been part of helping to answer 89,000 calls to the National Christian Helpline. However only 61% of the calls received by the line are currently answered. We are always willing to hear from people who would like to get involved and train to be listeners.
If you are interested in training please send an e-mail to John for an information pack and application form.
(Click on a heading with an orange arrow for more information.
Click again to hide)
Topics covered in the eight course modules: Listening Skills, Telephone Listening Skills 1 & 2, Telephone Boundaries, Crisis Listening, Call Handling 1, 2 & 3 including Loneliness, Mental Health and Relationships.
Crossline Coventry was reawarded Quality Standard Accreditation with the mental health helplines partnership on 23rd February 2009. Crossline Hull & Crossline Scunthorpe & District were also awarded the standard.
In 2007 Crossline in Coventry changed to an 0845 number to enable the system and calls to be handled by and external management system that sent calls to available listeners. By 2009 all 4 Crossline’s were working together on this number. In 2013 we along with Premier Lifeline combined our resources and launched the National Christian Helpline.
- Anxiety: Philippians 4: 6 -7; 1 Peter 5:7
- Anger: Ephesians 4:26; Pslam 73
- Bereaved: 1 Thessalonians 4: 13 -18
- Desperate: Psalm 61: 1 -3
- Distressed or Troubled: Psalm 9: 9 -10; Psalm 119: 61, 71, 75
- Divorce: Mark 10: 1 -2
- Drink Abuse: Romans 12: 1 -2; Ephesians 5: 18
- Drug Abuse: Romans 12: 1 -2; 2 Peter 2:19
- Fear: Psalm 23; Psalm 27; Romans 8: 31 - 39
- Forgiveness: Psalm 51; Matthew 6: 12,14.15: 18:22
- Loneliness: Deuteronomy 31:8; Psalm 23; Isaiah 41:10
- Guidance: Proverbs 3: 5,6
- Sickness: Psalm 103: 3; Matthew 4: 23
- Sleepless: Matthew 11:28
- Suicidal: Psalm 31; Psalm 55
- Unemployed: Jeremiah 29:11; Philippians 4: 11 -13
- Psalm 34:18 "The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit"